Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Worries!

I’m such a worry-wart!! Maybe that’s the real reason I haven’t been able to sleep for the past 1 week! I think a lot. Like what I told Robert, I have a lot of stuff that requires my thoughts and therefore I’m sometimes really blur!

This happened last Sunday when we went out to 1U and Robert was talking for some time and when he finally asked me what I thought about the issue, I went blank because I haven’t been listening to what he was saying! It’s embarrassing!

Well the one thing on my mind is my PR major. Ever since I was forced to drop my Marketing major, I think PR is a poor choice. I mean, I don’t have many choices! Either I do a second major in PR or Media Studies. Now, PR is quite boring. It’s too theorical and I don’t feel the same enthusiasm like I did for Marketing.

Have you ever persevered in something you don’t like because of pride, self actualization and principles? I felt as if I’ve been doing just that my whole life! Besides that, switching my Major has enabled me to graduate earlier than expected.

For some, it’s a good thing. For me, I’m having mixed feelings. I’m not prepared for the working world and I have no idea whether I have the courage to just leave everything and go back NY. I meant, I couldn’t do it for Australia so what made me think I’m prepared to leave to NY?

I’m so afraid of the future. Not afraid, afraid per se but the very thought of me being independent financially is scary and it finally means that I’m all grown up and I have to make more adult decisions. I’m just worried what the future holds for me. I know I shouldn’t but I just can’t stop thinking about it.

My short term plan is to think about my graduation. Parentals is flying down to Perth for my graduation and I PLAN to do some soul searching in Sydney after the graduation ceremony. Intend to crash at Xavier’s place for a few weeks! Hahaha…

Anyways, just as you all know that I’ve started my classes! PR is boring but Doris is awfully endearing, and I haven’t attended Comm Research class because it was cancelled. The best class has got to be Consumer Behavior.

I felt right at home the moment I saw my friends from Africa, Ntawi, Lucia, Shadow, Kenny, Carol and Naledi. Plus Ying Hui and Soon Seng is in the same class and I’m in the same group as Chynar. She’s really sweet and she’s from Turkmenistan.

Besides that, the lecturer is Ms. Crystal and she’s awfully nice! Really enjoyed my CB classes so far. Best class of the semester! PR on the other hand is so theorical that it’s boring! Ms. Doris is experienced and she’s passionate (as in lives and breathes PR!) and because of her, I feel that PR is not my cup of tea!

Classmates in PR isn’t exactly my favorite kind of people. I meant at most my friends in mass comm. That I’m quite fond of is Kathy Lee Seul Ki, Wee Xiying, Yeap Sau Meng, Nick, and a certain few but definitely less than 10 people! The best part, I’m in neither one of their classes or they’ve graduated!

Oh, met up with Bree today and watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was really funny! and we enjoyed it immensely! It was really fun catching up with her after so long. Though I didn't have enough time to kick her ass in Chots!

Well, pictures of Ili’s Birthday/ Farewell Party will be up by next week! Till then…

~you know you love me~
Michelle May
xoxo

No comments: