Monday, September 29, 2008

TV Series and Movies

I finally bought my WD HDD after so very long. I had to search from 1U-Curve-Section 16!! 1U was out of the question because they don’t even sell it at all while Curve was more promising because I wanted Red and they have Red and Blue! Unfortunately, at 299MYR, it’s too expensive! I had no choice but to buy it from Section 16 for 219MYR in Black. Bear in mind that it is only 160GB!!

I felt so happy when I discovered that Cold Storage sells Pop Tarts!! *YAY* unfortunately, it’s very limited and they don’t have the frozen ones! They only have Strawberry, Cherry, Smores, and Blueberry. As long as they have my favorite Cherry, I’m good! It’s also cheaper than K-Mart or Walmart in US!! Each box retails at 12MYR.

After getting my External, I stole my movies from bro. I need to get one of those torrent programs in my lap top. Till then, I just use his. I finally watched Enchanted and Penelope. I enjoyed Penelope immensely but Enchanted is a slight disappointment because I don’t see Giselle SLOWLY having feelings for Robert but more like WHAM! She suddenly falls for Robert. Penelope on the other hand is more subtle with the messages which I find refreshingly entertaining and positive and I would want my daughter to watch it. I can’t seem to get enough of TV series! My current favs, PUSHING DAISIES and REAPER!!!! Gosh, the series is absoeffingly good!!

Penelope is about a girl born into a family with a century year’s old curse and that she looks like a pig. Not pig per se but she has a pig’s snout as her nose and pig’s ears as her ears. The curse will only be broken ‘one who will love her faithfully’. This is because her family is blue blooded and rich through old money. Her mother who is very image conscious tries to find her a blue blooded husband to break the curse. She keeps telling Penelope that she’s not her snout, her real self inside trying to get out.

Penelope on the other hand, living with her mother’s constant criticism, began to see herself as a pig rather than a girl. I think Penelope is really good because they try to send out the message that “What Makes Us Different, Makes Us Beautiful” and also in order for someone to love you, you’ll have to sincerely love yourself first. The cast are Christina Ricci as Penelope, James McAvoy as the handsome scruffy Max and Reese Witherspoon as Penelope’s friend Annie. Stellar cast+ good storyline= AMAZING Movie!!

One word to describe Pushing Daisies is ‘whimsical’. As a fan of Bryan Fuller’s previous series; Wonderfalls, I instantly took to this series. While Wonderfalls is very brooding and dark, Pushing Daisies is all out with the color and graphics. Pushing Daisies is about Ned (Lee Pace) who has the power to bring the dead back to life by just touching them but he can’t touch them again because then, they’ll forever be dead. However, if the dead is brought back to life, another has to be dead in place of the other.

He and Emerson (Chi McBride) will solve the mystery surrounding the dead by letting the dead speak for 1 minute so that they will stay dead while they collect the reward for solving the mystery. Joining them is his back from the dead Charlotte “Chuck” (Anna Friel) the girl who gave him his first and last kiss and her eccentric aunts; Vivian and Lily Charles. It has a potential to be as successful as main stream series such as Lost, Supernatural but till then, it remains a favorite with fans from previous series such as Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.

Another great series is Reaper. Ray Wise as the Devil most probably for his suave good looking wickedness that is so entertaining. The series is about Sam (Brett Harrison) who works as the Devil’s soul bounty hunter when his parents sold his soul to the Devil before he was born. Helping him is Sock (Tyler Labine) and Ben (Rick Gonzalez) and the girl he’s dying to ask out on a date, Andi (Missy Peregrym) I hope to see following seasons. For now, I’m happy with Season 1.
~you know you love me~
Michelle May
xoxo

2 comments:

Tara said...

Fear not, there is a second season of Reaper, even if it is only 13 episodes. And the S1 DVDs come out in little more than a month. All the info is here if you want. I do hope you consider joining us. The more people keeping Reaper alive on this extended hiatus the better!

RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Come and join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach in Penang this Christmas with watersports activities included! Sign up now! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com Thanks!