Friday, January 16, 2009

How to Get a Girl in 10 Days

This post is dedicated to my NOOB brother: Darrell Ken!

I have not watched nor read Twilight, I think Edward Cullen is over-rated and I don’t get why all the girls are gushing about Bella’s and Edward’s love. To me, Twilight is so juvenile and would probably appeal to teenage girls.

However, there is one thing which I really admire is the gentleness of Edward despite being a vampire. This posts is a well meaning piece for guys on “How to Get a Girl in 10 Days!” and my next piece will be for the girls on “How to Make a Guy stay for more than 10 Days!!”

Yes, back in the days I’ve lost my heart to some scruffy bad boys such as Cole (played by Julian McMahon in Charmed) and now Chuck Bass (played by Ed Westwick in Gossip Girl) but I’m more attracted to guys that are chivalrous and really knows how to treat a woman.

“To really love a woman
to understand her
you’ve got to know whats deep inside
hear every thought see every dream
and give her wings when she wants to fly
and when you find yourself lying helpless in her arms
You know you really love a woman
you’ve gotta breath her
and really taste her
until you can feel her in your blood” - Bryan Adams (Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman)

Call me old fashion but a girl just can’t resist old fashioned chivalry. A guy who says that girls are complicated clearly wasn’t raised well. Those guys make up 90% of our community nowadays. They can be found in colleges, malls and anywhere else you can think of.

It’s not the parent’s fault by as my friend MA once said, “It’s the Westernized ideology that objectifies women” Women are to be loved and appreciated and I never forget what he said until today.

Doing little things such as sms-ing or calling her when she’s down, opening doors for her and bringing lunch for her when you know she’s busy. I know that feminist might argue that its discrimination but come on, get a life!! Sometimes, these feminist have no idea what they even want.

They fight for equality and yet expect a guy to pay for dates and all and when a guy does the little things like opening doors; they say that the guy wants to be “in control”. I’m not a fan of feminist when it comes to etiquette. The most I support feminist would be in equality in the workplace.

When a guy opens the door, it’s not that he wants to be in control, he just wants to be seem chivalrous and considerate. Another thing that guys fail to do is to remember what girls say!! It’s frustrating and to a girl, you just seem ignorant and you don’t care!!

This is simple, if a girl mentions to you a few weeks back that she’ll be having an exam in 2 weeks; wish her good luck in the morning!! It’s a simple gesture and it goes a long waaaay!!

Another thing is, if you’re interested in a girl, you DO NOT treat her like a friend, use every opportunity to treat her better than a friend. For example, if she’s busy, you can always bring some sandwiches to her.

In the end of the day, it’s pretty simple to get a girl. Oh the most important thing is to TELL HER!!! Girls are still humans and they’re not mind readers. You don’t expect a girl to know how you feel if you don’t tell her!! Besides, you’re a psychotic if you started treating her as your girlfriend when you NEVER told her how you felt!!

As my closing, I’m going to quote John Mayer, “It’s better to say too much, than never to say what you need to say again, say what you need to say”

~you know you hate me~
Michelle May
xoxo

No comments: