Monday, July 13, 2009

It's all about Alice!

My first book that kicked off my reading habits! A present from my Grandma! This book changed my life!

Presenting *drumroll* Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!!!

A picture of Alice with Tweedledum and Tweedledee! I love the dark base of the movie!

Alice looking down the rabbit hole! And its a very long fall down!

Alice doesn't know what else to expect. I mean, who would??? You're in Wonderland!

Doesn't Anne Hathaway look so beautiful as the White Queen?

The dark and surprising world of Wonderland! I'm so captivated and mesmerized!!!

Johnny Depp as The Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as The Queen of Hearts and Mia Wasikowska as Alice!

The touch of Burton: Scary, dark and unexpected! You have to look real close and pay attention to the little details such as the face in the flower!

TweedleDum and TweedleDee!

Ever since that gift from my Grandma, Alice was pretty much my best friend growing up. Growing up as a child was pretty tough. I didn't have much friends and I only have 2 friends; Natalie (my real life friend!) and Alice (my fictional friend!)

I remembered how much I loved that book as a kid! I used to read and go through the illustrations almost everyday! I slept with that book! It was all I ever need! Since Padrekins was always away!

I used to love Wonderland. As I grew up, I didn't have time for Alice or our little visits to Wonderland anymore! As I started college, I totally forgot all about Alice and Wonderland. I surround myself with real friends and keep trying to be popular.

When I read that Tim Burton was making Alice in Wonderland, I remembered my friend. I've loved most of Burton's work from Corpse Bride, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Big Fish, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd and The Night Before Christmas. In a way, I guess, I have a dark side.

Well, I won't expect it too be bright and cherry like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! In fact, I guess it'll be his trademark, doom and gloom as seen in most of his works.

Anyways, according to imdb, it's expected to be released on March 5th, 2010 in the USA. For more details, visit Alice In Wonderland 2010

~you know you love me~
Michelle May
xoxo

No comments: