Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jugra

The chicken is served from a wheelbarrow and not a nice proper serving tray! The chicken is called Beggar's Chicken. You need to book it 4 days in advance. No booking, no chicken!

The "packets" of chicken that fresh out of the ground! Even the guy thinks that it's too warm to touch!

The chicken after opening the packet! The meat falls off the bones and it's sooooo tasty!

Rows upon rows of chicken packets buried under the ground! The minute you enter, you can already feel as if you're being cooked alive! They sell 100+ birds EVERY DAY!

This is Jugra's light house and para gliding area!

The light house. Doesn't look like the ones in Western movies right?

You can see the whole of Jugra from here! I love the delta and the vegetation. Looks like a picture out of the Geography text book in Standard 3!!

Me and Candy cheh! She's so fun to be with!

Candy cheh and Madrekins.... Padrekins didn't think that he was photogenic enough!



This guy was cathing prawns! Being the good Samaritan, of course I HELPED!! Well, i spared some prawns their life! I threw it back into the ocean!

You guys really need to keep yourself updated about my travel plans. Here are the places I've been:

May 3rd: Tj. Sepat
May 17th: Malacca
May 23rd: Penang
June 8th: Ipoh
June 20th: K. Pilah
June 23rd: K.Terengganu
June 24th: Redang
July 12th: Jugra
July 24th: Shanghai (pending)

Well, today's post is all about a little town called Jugra. It's a looong way after Banting town. We left Puchong at 11.30AM and arrived at 1PM plus. I kept asking my favourite question; "Are we there yet?" and after an hour, I threatened my parents!
"The chicken better be so darn good or someone is gonna get it from me! (My dad's friend recommended!)"

Thank God the chicken was good! We finished it! :) We ordered tonnes of food (but was too hungry so I forgot to snap some piccies!) and we had to take away most of them. Overall it was a great trip to take my mind off things...

Will be going to China next week and I will enjoy myself! Parentals might be flying to Brunei (not confirmed yet!) so, I will enjoy my first trip overseas without them!
China is huge and it's just waiting to be discovered by me! Will be going to Shanghai and maybe to Beijing...

Anyways, wish me good luck and don't be a hater!!! I'm more in need of a holiday because I'm generally a very stressful person! Besides, I need to leave KL to think. I've concluded that I'll have to put my plans on hold as long as Precious is around.
SIGH. I NOW KNOW THE MEANING OF SACRIFICE...

P.S: Looking forward to SEASON 3 OF GOSSIP GIRL, and Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!!! I promise that my next post will be on Alice! Stay tuned!

~you know you envy me~
Michelle May
xoxo

No comments: