Saturday, August 22, 2009

Colonial Coliseum.

Decided to embrace my "heritage" and so I ordered the Chinese Chicken Chop. (Chinese people shouldn't attempt to cook Western food!)

Madrekins Turkey Ham and Chicken. It was better than mine! In fact, it was delicioso!

Padrekins Spring Chicken. Well, he likes spring chicken so it was good for him!

It's not only a restaurant, it's also a bar and a hotel! How awesome is that! Perfect if you wanna meet that backpacking foreigner!

It's all sorts of shops from across Coliseum. You can get knick knacks, bags, fabrics, food, etc.. In fact, it's walking distance from Sogo!

I'd figure that it looks like this if I had visited 20-30 years ago! FYI, it was established in 1921 and it's one of the oldest in the country!

This is one of Padrekins favourite place. Though Madrekins insist that I've been here, I have no memories whatsoever!



It's still decorated with hooks(from the hotel!) and old porcelain plates! Deco is really minimal and once you walk through the door, it's like you've been transported back in time!

The cafe is just small, cosy and very, very old! Don't worry, it's been featured in Lonely Planet..

When Madrekins suggested Coliseum, I was estatic. I haven't been there and it would make a great blog post since its very neo-colonial. Besides, it's so old, it's 89 YEARS OLD!!! Beat that!

The deco is very minimal and the structure of the building has not changed since 1921.The extensive menu, with more than 300 items to choose from, comprises both western and local fare. There is also a pub that serves both alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails.

Well, I really did enjoyed my dinner here and do try it. I hope that it doesn't have to make way for "developement" like all other old buildings!

Coliseum Cafe
98-100 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
Kuala Lumpur
50100 Malaysia
+60 3 2692 6270

~you know you want to~
Michelle May
xoxo

No comments: