Friday, January 14, 2011

Baking and Food!

Daddy ordered the ROAST PORK SANDWICH (21 MYR) I love fries that tastes like potatoes instead of flour! The pita like sandwich is not bad as well!

Mother ordered the SLICED BELLY SALAD (18MYR) This is a bit weird cause I'm not a fan of balsamic dressing but it's a good attempt anyways because pork is rarely used in salad with the exception of crisp bacon!

SPAGHETTI CARBONARA WITH CRISPY BACON AND WILD MUSHROOM (I can't remember the price!) I ordered this and I just loved the creaminess of the sauce and the bacon was really nice as well.

Whenever I travel and comes back to Malaysia, I have to eat pork. I have no idea why but I just do. When I got back from Aussie, I was so carnivorous for pork even though I had the best pork ribs in Aussie!

So, I got back from Singapore and was still craving for pork ribs like the ones I had at King Louis and Dr. Eunice has been actively promoting The Pork Place, I decided to try it with the hopes of finding the best pork ribs in Malaysia.

The minute we stepped through the door, I had to ask the waiter to hold the door open for us. My dad is OKU and these stupid Chinese boy could actually stand there until I told him to do a simple thing as open the door. That guy really pissed me off.

Call me a bitch, but I know what and how a restaurant is supposed to be run and customer service is the utmost importance. If this waiter has to be told to do something so menial, then he shouldn't be a waiter in the first place.

The second thing was, pork ribs was on the menu but it wasn't available. It was a disappointment because pork ribs is apparently so rare in Malaysia. I can't find any place that serves up a good pork ribs!

Anyways, food was just moderately good but Dr. Eunice has been raving about the pork knuckles which we didn't try. Deco is minimalism with lots of pigs and it somehow makes you feel a tad lil guilty eating those cute creatures.


The Pork Place
31, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 7, Bandar Puchong Jaya.
03 7729 4600

Tony Roma's Shrimp Scampi Pasta (31.90 MYR) as advertised in the menu was GENEROUS with the shrimp! I really, really hate it when people serve me pasta/noodles with minimal amount of ingredients!

Mother had Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken (Price, I have no idea!) The salad was just average, lots of leafy greens and with chicken on top. They were generous with the chicken though.

We went to Mid Valley for some shopping and decided to have something very filling hence, Tony Roma's. I just absolutely hate the fact that they don't serve pork ribs. Tony Roma's should just change their name because the affiliation with the brand Tony Roma's is just so degrading. Tony Roma's started out with pork, baby back ribs.

You see, baby back ribs is tender and more "absorbent" to the marinade compared to beef and if they are not gonna serve pork due to shitty fucked up reasons we all know in Malaysia, they should stop using the name Tony Roma's.

On the other hand, Tony Roma's in Singapore is another place to visit for pork ribs. Most weekends, I just get so crazy and cross the border for decent food. Anyways, food was filling and tasty. Can't wait to go back to Hard Rock Cafe at Sentosa for some buffalo wings and mojito again!

Thank God I don't stay in Malaysia long enough!

This was the branch of Tony Roma's I visited:
Store Info:
Lot No. LG 217, The Gardens Mid Valley Center, No. 1, Medan Syed Putra
Kuala Lumpur 59200
P. 603-22828243





Peanut Butter Cheesecake Oreo Bites! Tasty, easy to prepare and delicious! Recipe can be found here: http://community.livejournal.com/bakebakebake/3140303.html



Cornflakes and Raisins covered with Chocolate. I do this so often and it was so easy that I don't have a recipe. Just melt a bar of chocolate (please use high quality and imported ones!) with 2 table spoons of Nutella! When it's melted, pour it over the whole box of corn flakes and raisins and mix! Simple as that! You can even add nuts, or those colorful sweet deco balls. Up to you. Then, chill it in the fridge.

Since I'm unemployed and my greatest weakness is chocolate (Dr.Eunice knows this too well!) and i'm technically a glut when it comes to chocolate!!! I could be on a diet and still eat chocolate! So, here are some things I've been doing at home.

Oh, will be trying out a new recipe next week! Will attempt to bake a chocolate tart! If you wanna bake with me, here's the recipe: http://rebelwithoutasauce.wordpress.com/2011/01/12/chocolate-tart/#more-1345

~you know you get me~
Michelle May
xoox

No comments: