Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Marry me?

I believe in holy matrimony. I guess I’m a romantic and I believe in the concept of marriage. Some call it a union, other call it an institution. (They same way I think that religion is an institution!) I see marriage as a beautiful thing, which should be done in extravagance once in everyone’s life.

Marriage is like signing the contract, the other half is legally bonded and obligated to accept you, be there for you in sickness, health, richer and poorer. Even a simple ceremony can be utterly beautiful. It’s not putting on a gown and saying "I Do".

There’s more to that. It’s about a commitment to love and cherish and be a part of someone’s life and the beginning of a new life for the bride and groom. I’ve always thought that a woman’s life before marriage is like a caterpillar and after marriage, she’s a butterfly.

My parents have been married for 23 years and after so many fights and wishing they were divorced, they’re still together. My dad nags too much and pisses my mom off and my mom is too calculative and he can’t stand it. I’ve always believed that fights are better than being lonely.

I’ve seen some very beautiful proposals as well as weddings and I’ve even have several playlists for my own wedding! (It’s a different story, will continue later!) But since I’m fickle and I love so many songs, it’s really darn hard to choose!

But I will give you a glimpse of some of my favourite songs, (I’m going to be assertive about this!) most romantic proposals and some amazing pictures.









I think the most romantic thing is the surprise factor. When a girl least expect it, you can do anything and it will consider romantic. Any guy who could kneel down in Times Square, New York or do it with a billboard, it shows that he put it much effort in asking you to be a part of his life and grow old with him.

Here's my playlist:

D'Banj - Fall In Love
North - Picture of You
Jeremiah Clarke - The Prince of Denmark's March
Carlos Baute con Marta Sanchez - Colgando en Tus Manos
Far East Movement - Rocketeer
Train - Marry Me
Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
Matthew Morrison - Summer Rain
Taylor Swift - Love Story
Katy Perry - E.T
Il Divo - Amazing Grace
Take That - Rule The World
Guy Sebastian ft. Jordin Sparks - Art of Love
Beyonce - Halo
Enrique Iglesias - Tonight I'm Lovin You
Bruno Mars - Marry You
Keith Urban - You're My Better Half
Rascall Flatts - Bless The Broken Road
Peter Gabriel - The Book Of Love
K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life
Shayne Ward - Breathless
Ne-Yo - Sexy Love
Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
Andra & The Back Bone - Sempurna
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
RBD - Tu Amor
Destiny's Child - Brown Eyes
Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One
Scotty McCreerly - I Love You This Big

My fav place to view all those pretty wedding pitures and their equally beautiful stories are International Weddings and Photography

I just love reading and going through those pictures. It's like being a gues at someone's private event when they declare their love for each other. My favourite part of a wedding? The way the groom looks at the bride as she walks down the aisle.

I love weddings. It's a reunion of 2 families and their cultures. 2 very different people are going to be spending the rest of their lives together because of just 1 reason, LOVE.

My idea of a perfect proposal would be just amongst some close friends, having dinner, and he just pops the question. That's it. I'm a simple girl I know! LOL!

~you know you wanna marry me~
Michelle May
xoox

No comments: