Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pájaro en una jaula de oro

I haven't travelled in a while. This is the longest I've been in one place at a time. I've been here far too long. I need to fly. I've been too comfortable with the bird seeds, human love, my little water dish, my many, many snacks and my golden gilded cage.

I miss my freedom. I even forgot how it felt being up in the skies, flapping my wings and the wind gently caressing my feathered body. I forgot the feeling of discovering new places and trying new bird snacks. I forgot everything.

Very soon, I will be too old and fat to even fly around anymore. I guess this gilded cage that holds me will also be my casket. I've been too comfortable I forgot my principles. I remember how valiantly I fought against the gilded cage.

No puedo pedir ser puesto en libertad, la libertad tiene que ser ganada.

No comments: