Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 4: Myeong Dong & KF Summer Concert

The title suggests that I've been here for 4 days but in reality, I feel like I've been here for 3 weeks already.... I feel so sad and I miss home. Words cannot describe that feeling of loneliness where I don't have The Cocker Spaniel to hug or The BF is just a call away... I still remember the day I departed, I felt like crying and after checking in, I called The BF and spoke to him, just listening to each other breathe without saying a word, the silence was deafening yet provided some sort of security and consolation. 


I wasn't this sad when I was in Aussie for a longer period but somehow, with all travelling that I've done before, I don't know why this place is so difficult. I feel so sad and lonely and worried. I don't even know what I'm worried about. I haven't quite been myself and I'm ready to go home tomorrow, if given a chance.... 


But I know, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity thing and I'm blessed and I should finish what I came here to do. Every little thing here frustrates me. When they speak in English, it still sounds like Korean and all the girls here, besides my besties who keeps me sane, turned a simple summer school into 90210/Laguna beach and by that, i don't mean the scenery... 

 This is me and Prof. Simon Park and I was really impressed with his Korean Economics that I just have to try his model of niche market economy in West African States. My FAV lecture so far!
 After the lecture, we went to Myeong-Dong and straight into the bustling crowd and shops. Managed to get myself a cute dress from Forever 21.... And managed to try some street food!!!!
 This was one of my fav street food so far!!! Different types of sausages on a stick for 3,000 won and you drizzle ketchup and mustard and since I don't eat beef and lamb, was so happy that it's chicken and pork meat!
 The sausages were meaty but wasn't too filling and so delicious. I think there were 5 different types of sausages.

This is also something I wish I tried but my stomach could only take too much. this is some sort of spiralling potatoes on a stick deep fried!!!! 

 Then we went to Seoul Namsan Traditional Theater, and I have to say that we walked there from Myeong Dong and I couldn't feel my feet anymore...
 Maybe it's a Korean thing but instead of a gnome garden or pink flamingoes, they have lotsa buildings like this for decorative purposes...
 Over here, we are considered foreign residents. Well, it's better than being called Aliens...
 While waiting for the concert to start...
 Gustavo and I are playing MIB... Or Men and Women in Black... lol!!!

 the concert was so boring that I fell asleep and drooled... But the theater was really pretty as well..
More pictures of the group....

~you know I miss you~
Michelle May
xoox

No comments: