Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 9: National Central Museum, COEX, Samsung D'light & Baseball Game

This is gonna be a long post and lots of pictures, so, let me stop writing and let the pictures do the talking!!!

 This is a jar coffin from the 4th and 5th century from the Yeongsangang River Basin and from it, they got crowns, shoes, necklaces, and swords!!! Beautiful, isn't it?
 Around the 3rd century, they believed that the souls of the deceased were guided to the heavens by birds and these ducks are for funerary ceremonies...

 This Gold Crown Belt is from the Silla period in the 5th Century and I can tell you that it's beautiful. The craftmanship is so simple and intricate at the same time. The design of the crown is very simple but the little intricate details such as the Jade pieces on the crown and pendants are just beautiful.
 This Ten Story Pagoda was made in 1348 and they believed that once a monk dies, and was cremated, a little seed would appear with the ashes and this seed is placed into a pagoda and this pagoda is the real dealio and it has intricate cravings of monks all over the tower...
 This piece was the highlight of the Museum. This is the Pensive Buddha. The curator said that Buddha was contemplating 4 things- Sickness, Old, Death and Life and the smile is the most beautiful smile in the world. I asked the curator, "How could Buddha smile when he's thinking about such terrible things" He said, that's the secret of the pensive Buddha... You never know what he's thinking about....
 After that, we went to COEX!!! They have these beautiful lantern lights thingy as a deco and functional lights... really pretty! My knees were killing me, hence, I didn't walk much...
 But I did managed to get this pic before departing COEX!!! The crazy glasses are from JJ and he loaned it to me for picture purposes!!! LOL!!!
 Here, we arrived at Samsung d'light where it's kinda like Iron Man's lair!!! All the technology!!!
 This is at the front door where you are greeted by... YOURSELF in a huge screen TV!!!
 The huge space for play, movies, gadgets, technology and everything you could think of...
 This is the light tunnel where tiny little LEDs light up to drums and sounds and changes colors!!
 This is the KSSP Coordinator Bob and he's just the cutest!!! He loves pictures of himself!!
 This is using the latest tab by Samsung and it's just sleek and thin!! I just have an issue with Androids, thats all!
 This is so Iron Man where it's touch screen!!! Besides that, I played Kinect and I beat Jamal in Bowling and had fun at Samsung!!
 This is the baseball game and it's baseball season so, we should go to a baseball game... We're rooting for the Bears and these are the cheerleaders...
 The stadium is packed to the brim and I don't know shit about baseball but after almost 3 hours there, I know what the fuck is going on!!! The Bears made many errors that they shouldn't have and yea, they lost.
 The coolest girl voting for the Bears!! It was a crazy, fast paced, heart attack inducing game...

The Bears vs. Nexens!!! The Bears lost... Kinda sad but nearly lost my voice screaming, shouting, cheering and dancing for the Bears!!!

It's so late and I'll be home tomorrow but my next update will be from the DMZ (Korean Demilitarized Zone) and the War Memorial of Korea.... 


Till then... Lotsa love from Korea and I'm missing Malaysia, tanah tumpah darahku!!!!!! 


~you miss me~
Michelle May






No comments: