Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day of Arrival at KR

After a long hectic flight using Air Asia, I slept with my arms blocking half of the aisle, I arrived at Incheon Airport at 6.20AM. Since my school will only be able to pick me up at 7PM, I had to go down to Seoul to meet Kathy and back to Incheon by 6PM....

First, you need to store your baggage at the Departure hall (Level 3) by Gate A at a place called Hanjin Express. I paid about 8,000 won (24MYR) from 7AM till 6PM. Then, take the lift down to B1 and follow the Airport Rail sign all the way to the train and take a train straight down to Seoul Station.

I thought Seoul station is going to be like the Malaysian KL Sentral but I was actually lost in the station because it was sooooo huge!!! Thank God, the people were very friendly and even though they can't describe the directions, they were more than willing to point you to the right way.

To get to Myeong Dong from Seoul station, you need to go out of Seoul station and take the escalator down in front of Zara and follow the Danggogae bound train and Myeong Dong station is the second stop.

I have to say that there are 2 trains going to Seoul station and 1 is an express train, another is the normal train, the express train costs about 13, 800 won (37MYR) and the normal train costs about 4,450 won (15MYR) and the difference? The express train takes about 43 minutes and the normal train takes 53 minutes.  Sorry that I don't have the cost from Seoul to Myeong Dong but it's cheap.

I was starving and Kathy took me to the best noodle house in Seoul


 This is 칼국수 Kalguksu (Knife Noodles) which are noodles served in broth which was so flavorful I finished the whole bowl and it's a type of seasonal food... Very highly recommended and delicious! 


Then, we went to Margeret Cafe for tea at Lotte Duty free and it was even more delicious!!!!
 Believe it or not,  this is chocolate flavoured tea (We don't have this in Malaysia!) which was so creamy and smooth and gosh! I can't get enough of it!
 The tiramisu cake was so heavenly and I'm a desserts girl so, when I say something is delicious, you say, I wanna try it!

Myeong dong is an amazing place where there are lots to see and do. I was overwhelmed by the amount of people and thank God for Kathy who was so afraid of losing me!!! Kat, if you're reading this, I love you sooooo much!!!

Then, I went back to Seoul station and took the train back to Incheon and my school was waiting for me!!! Was so excited!!!! Till the next day!

~you know you miss me~
Michelle May
xoox

No comments: