Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pensive Michelle


Like the Pensive Buddha, I'm gonna think and reflect on 4 things and here are my thoughts! I decided to write this because I just need to get some stuff off my mind. The best way to unload your thoughts is by writing. Enjoy these pictures from the National Museum as they are beautiful works of art and are national treasures.... 


KOREA-  Being in Korea for the summer is really great and I'm excited to be here... Korea is so rich in culture, history and it's a really safe place to be (albeit, a tad too expensive!) but I feel so safe walking in the back alleys near my Uni and a guy dropped his iPhone at the mall and he got it back... Unlike Malaysia when I left my phone for 3 minutes, and it's gone! It's going to be difficult when I have to live in paranoia once I get back to Malaysia. Korea is clean, and the Government, somehow works. Despite the corruption.... However, the people here are too shallow and everything is about looks and beauty. Heck, even the guys look like girls!!! They are obsessed with beauty that women are beginning to lose themselves and are beginning to look like the next person. I guess in terms of beauty, I just won't make the cut here... 



MALAYSIA- I miss my family, friends and The BF in Malaysia, not the country per se... All the way in Korea, I still read about the crime that's taking place in Malaysia and ever since Najib took control, crime is on the rise and he doesn't even know it because police station are not taking reports because the crimes "wasn't severe enough." I miss my family and now, I know that they love me unconditionally and I miss that. I miss the food, my pets and The BF so much that it hurts... I miss my friends as well cause they are as real as they can get and I can't wait to tell them everything... The only song that keeps playing in my mind is Home by Michael Buble... 


LIFE - I know that it's going to be a hectic time when I get back and only God will know where I'm destined to be and I need to pass my MA and I'm really praying that I'll do. I need to get my head together to write the most amazing dissertation that will blow everyone's mind away... LOL! But I will try my best! Then, it comes commitment and work and everything under the sun. Life can be ironic sometimes, But I guess I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me! When I go back to Malaysia, it's not a holiday anymore. I'm back in business and ready to rock. 



Summer school has affected me so bad and I'm going to leave Korea knowing that I'm a better person. Yes, I'm sad and I miss home and like Gustavo (The Colombian guy) says "I can see so much of sadness in your eyes"  and yeah, because of what's happening here but I'm going to take it as a learning experience where I learn to keep my cool and I figure out my self and getting to know myself. You know, nobody know you and even you don't know yourself. Everyday, I'm learning more and more about myself that I'm feeling more confident. Yes, the sadness in my eyes will always be here because I'm not used to being away from people I love and those who loves me... I'll admit that I'm gonna have a hard time adjusting to being without them... Like everyone else, I hate it and I want to go home but quitting is not me. 


Like the pensive Buddha, I'm smiling but you have no clue what I'm thinking.... 

~you don't know who I am~
Michelle May
xoox


No comments: