Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bali 2013: Day Two - Looking for the Beach.


We woke up bright and early, for those who don't know,  the sun rises at about 6-7AM and by 8AM, Im wide awake,,, so, we decided to search for the elusive Bali beach. One thing I love about my boutique hotel in Seminyak is the many, winding lanes with many little quaint shops and surprises. It's like a maze, where, every little turn is a new surprise and more little quaint shops. If it wasn't for the intricate architecture, you'll think that you're walking through the pages of Zafon's La Sombra del Viento. My fav literary masterpiece. 


Lots of old buildings and temples and shrines. If it didn't look so dark and scary, I would've thought they were absolutely beautiful!
I'm going to let the pictures do the talking because I don't know where I was or where I was going nor, how to get there again. 











At the end of the day, we did find the beach. It was like Port Dickson to our disappointment. 



After that, it weather was so hot, we decided that it was better to go back to the hotel and lounge by the pool, or in the pool. The weather was hotter than Malaysia and none of us planned on jumping into the pool but I put on my spare bikini (that I never intended to wear!) and jumped into the pool. Till the next post.

Michelle May
Bali

No comments: