Sunday, March 10, 2013

Temple, Semenyih








A little way after UNMC, we arrived at a quaint, little Semenyih town. Where the roads are lined with trees and little stalls selling home grown fruits and go all the way straight, you'll see a huge temple.

If you look hard enough, you'll see the Monkey God (Sun Wukong) in the Chinese epic novel, Journey To The West over looking the whole little town looking fearsome to the evil forces.

As a child, I loved Journey To The West. Oh, how I loved it. I even developed feelings for Sun Wukong! This is a surprise to some that I read the subtitles on the whole series! That was the only Chinese entertainment that I watched.

Anyways, I finally got the opportunity to take The Fiance to the temple to educate him about the Chinese culture. I'm a horrible teacher but at least he now, knows about the 12 zodiac animals. He kept saying that he's an Aries whenever I tell him that he's a Snake and I'm a Rabbit.

He was happily snapping away at the statues. What makes this temple so unique is the San Francisco Bridge lookalike to cross to the other side where Sun Wukong stands majestically on his own mountain.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Hope you enjoy it.

Love,
Michelle May
xoox

No comments: