Friday, June 27, 2014

Shit Happens

Apparently, this old, neglected blog of mine has been receiving some anonymous complaints recently. Some anonymous person misinterpreted my blog and complained. According to this person, I'm a drug junkie, free loader that "forced" my students to read my personal blog. 

Those who has been reading my blog knows that this blog has been around for more than 10 years. My stats are clear for all to see that I receive less visitors that Aung San Suu Kii under house arrest. Those who has worked with me also know that I'm professional to the core. 

I would like to reiterate that:

1) I DO NOT use nor condone the use of drugs but I am guilty of abusing alcohol. In my post, I used the word substances to replace alcohol because I wanted to self censor the word so, not to insult my Muslim brothers and sisters. FYI: Drugs that they accuse me of, would normally refer to narcotics or ILLEGAL substances.  

2) "Going to Amsterdam and getting high" is a phrase that my sisters and I use to describe irresponsible behavior and mostly, my sisters are the only ones who reads my blog. FYI: It's more or less like a feeling of euphoric fun and irresponsibility and Amsterdam. Please, watch some movies.  

3) Focusing on my job doesn't mean teaching because being a teacher, my job doesn't only require me to teach. I have other aspects of my job such as writing my paper and applying for scholarships and also, writing my research proposals for my PhD. FYI: Read my previous blog on how I love doing what I do, before you judge me. Do not be jealous of someone who actually has a job they enjoy while you're probably unemployed. 

4) What I am guilty of is, I NEVER edit my posts and everything you read is straight from my mind and that is somewhat wrong because people are able to misrepresent what you mean. On the other hand, this is ME. I am open with my feelings and my feelings are raw. 

It saddens me that sadistic haters exists in this world. But then again, I am held responsible for my words, thoughts and actions and I can be accountable for this but, if since you're anonymous, how accountable and responsible are you? 

Well, All I want to say is, good job. Please show yourself so I can add you to my focus group. I'm in the midst of writing a paper of honesty and anonymity on social media, is it a bad thing or a good thing? and if you would like to participate, please, tell me. 

I have a clue on who you are cause my blog rarely get any hits, I receive less than 10 readers per post. So, nothing is preventing me from running a reverse IP check. But, I'm not going to because I want you to reveal yourself. 

Just because I'm an educator, that doesn't mean I'm not a human being with no emotions and not entitled to my own thoughts. I can say that I'm a better human being than you claim to be. So, I'm taking this as a learning process to edit my words and thoughts to prevent it from being misconstrued by irresponsible parties. 

Thank you for teaching me this lesson. I have indeed, been taking to power of this blog for granted. Its funny how they pick a few lines to attack my character but neglecting to see my real character through all my other posts. 

Unfortunately, you mess with the wrong person. I have a wholesome character and I'm ready to defend it whenever the need arises and I believe that you're somebody if you have haters. Best of all, if you have anonymous haters. 

I also accept responsibility for phrasing out words, that you may misconstrue.  

I stole this image from TotemHead because it sums up what I feel.

I'm a Catholic and I say Our Father 5 times a day and this is how it goes:

Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy Kingdom come, 
Thy will be done, 
On Earth as it is in Heaven,
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us, of our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us. 
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. 

To end this post, I quote you Ephesians 4:31-32
"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

No comments: