Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Great Big Shitty Wedding PART 1: THE DAY BEFORE

Let me start from the day before the wedding. 

7/11/2014 (FRIDAY) 
I checked into the hotel, went to shape my brows and thread my upper lips while the hubby was running around getting his last minute things done. 

I went back to the hotel to soak myself in the tub, had dinner with my family and aunty and went back to the hotel at 8PM-ish to do some deco. 

Got a call from the hubby said that he got into an accident at the other side of the hotel. 

Sent my mom and sister to see what happened and they just saw some minor scratches on the bumper but the hubby started shouting there like a mad animal. 

He started shouting at my mom and sister and just at everyone. Then, sped MY car away. 

My mom and sister came back to the hall and they were upset. 

I called him begging him to come back and he started shouting at me.

30 mins after that, I got a call from his sister in Nigeria saying that he got into ANOTHER FUCKING accident. 

He refused to answer my calls, I didn't know what happened. I don't know how is he. And in all the desperation an helplessness, I cried. I cried and cried myself till I slept. 

At this point, I don't even know if there's still gonna be a wedding the next day. 

He didn't bothered calling, apologising or convinced me that he still wants to get marry. 

He came into the hotel room at 2-3AM ish and slept. By 7AM-ish, he was gone. 

I feel like I didn't have control over the day because whether he shows up or not, the make up artists will be here, the photographers/videographers will be here. All the guests will be here. 

I'm so confused and worried that everything won't be going according to plan but it wasn't everything, it was him. 

He was the glitch in this otherwise, perfect day. 

Part of me, felt that this wasn't the right thing to do. I missed the certainty that I was marrying the right person. But there's nothing like that. Just a lot of confusion, anger, sadness, disappointment that a stupidly simply "SORRY" cannot fix. 

Since my aunties were there, and they didn't know the hubby, they naturally assumed that he's a douchebag for shouting at my mom and sister. Then, they came up to me asking me questions like, "Are you sure you want to marry him?" "Is he always like that?" "You better be careful with him, he might hit you!" "He's so rude and disrespectful to shout at your mom like that!" 

So, tell me what do I do? I feel like I'm forced to get marry to someone I don't know anymore. Somebody that I used to know. 

No comments: