Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Great Big Shitty Wedding PART 3: THE RECEPTION

As we went back to the hotel after Mass, we had the tea ceremony. The tea ceremony went smoothly and then the hubby did the whole disappearing act again. He was around for most of the main events which required his presence, other than that, he was MIA ALL THE FUCKING TIME. 

Then, I had to get ready for the reception and I got so many calls requiring me to pause my make up just to rush down to handle issues. One of the issues were, his people (Nigerians) were trying to enter the ballroom and they were not invited. We wanted a small, intimate event for about 80 people and here they were, 6-7 cars full of uninvited guests demanding to enter. 

I had to call the hotel security and every single security guard on duty was rushed to the ballroom to prohibit these uninvited people from entering. 

And as expected, they were angry and started verbally abusing my family and guests. This is such an ugly part of Nigerians and they constituted nuisance on MY WEDDING DAY. 

Who the fuck gave them the right to be shouting at my family and friends? They are NOT INVITED and they had the audacity to shout and be stupid to everyone there? Here I was thinking China-Chinese was very rude, I really haven't met Nigerians. 

So, here I was running up and down, handling calls after calls of trouble. I'm just curious, how is this even possible with them? They have no dignity or self respect? 

The next incident was when, my family told them to sign the guestbook. They started a rampage of verbal abuse to deviate from the fact that they didn't know what is a guestbook. 

I think it's incredibly ignorant to accuse someone of not respecting your culture when you can't even respect other cultures. They were, at this point, shouting about racism, "In Nigeria", etc.... 

With all due respect, if you're going to say "In Nigeria, we do this, and this" then go back home to Nigeria. You don't have to be in MY country, shouting about how great YOUR country is because you really look so stupid. Oh, when they were shouting, my guests; my family, my colleagues, my boss and my friends were all there. 

Up to this point, I was already pretty pissed off. From last night, till this moment, I just wanted the hubby to feel the hurt that I went through. 

Then, as the evening rolled along, we sent those uninvited people off, and placed 2-3 guards at the entrance with a guest list. ALL THIS TIME, THE HUBBY WASN'T AROUND. 

At 7PM, we finally did the walk in and I lost all appetite and I had at least 4 bottles of MOET by myself. I didn't want to be in the hall because half the hall was all his guests and I was at the entrance, drinking my MOET and smoking. 

Then, as I was going in, some whore of a gf of some Nigerian guy came up to me with my table deco asking me to give it to her. I mean, it's so tasteless what they do! I had to tell her to leave my vase and flowers alone and her bf, was upset at me / ashamed of her, shouted to put that junk back. 

They want to talk about respect, but seriously, throughout the night, NOT A SINGLE RESPECT WAS GIVEN. 

I envisioned my wedding reception to be classy and intimate but what I got was messy, fights, anger, disappointments and NOT AT ALL WHAT I DREAMED OF. 

I just sat back and watched everything happened and I gave a speech. It started with "I don't know anyone here" (Pointed to the Nigerian side of the room) and whatever people that was left there, stood up to leave. The only remaining ones was 3 guys. 

To this point, I really could't take it, I hated them. I hated them for ruining my happiest day. I despised my husband for not being there. I hated him for leaving me to deal with all HIS rubbish. I hated the whole wedding for being pretentious and act as if we're happy. 

I hated everything. 

Then, I just didn't know what to do anymore, I got on the dancefloor and danced the whole night away, drinking more and more MOET, to the point that I was puking my guts out in the rubbish bin. 

After that, everything didn't feel as shitty anymore and the saying, "Alcohol cures everything" is true. I managed to turn the night around and I had fun. I danced with my family and friends, I had so much of fun and I'm really glad that I have my girls to back me up, no matter what I do. 

Yes, even when my wedding was compared to Kanye West, I think that my wedding was the TOP in the Worst Weddings Ever!

So, yea. 

Shit happens. 

Fuck this. 

P.S: I'm not trying to justify my behaviour, I am held accountable but when circumstances keep hitting you, you do not back down, you fight back. 


I can honestly say that I'm past that stage where it bothers me. 

No comments: