Tuesday, November 03, 2015

1 Month OLD!!

Being an OCD has never been this fruitful. I have to say that me and hubby are very OCD and turns out baby has inherited some of our traits. 

He has inherited strict timing where he knows how to put himself to sleep and he sleeps through the night and wakes up every 3 hours to feed. So, I could get some sleep. 

While other moms are complaining that their baby isn't sleeping, this little dumpling knows how to wake up, feed and then go back to sleep. He doesn't need me to cuddle or carry him. Even if his eyes are wide open and he's awake, he doesn't cry, he will just blink play by himself for awhile until he sleeps. 

And he looks so different now. He's put on weight with his double chin and fat thighs and his face isn't as small now. 

I've come a long way breastfeeding him and with the haze and baby is getting sick; Coughing, sneezing, wheezing and phlegm in his lungs/bronchial??? Took his to the paed and if he doesn't improve, he might get bronchitis. 

So, I've been overdosing on Orange Juice and started taking probiotics. Trust me, The whole house was sick and I was the only healthy one. Within a week baby is very healthy now, with the occasional sneezing. 

Always, ALWAYS go natural. I refused to take Vitamin C tablets but I squeeze the juice from 10 oranges a day. In the morning; 4. Afternoon; 2. Dinner; 4. 

He is a bit spoilt though. In the afternoons, he will only sleep if we carry him. His fav place to sleep? On my breast!





When I was pregnant, I didn't know what I needed, so, me and hubby bought EVERYTHING a baby needs. You say it, we have it. We spent close to 12k on baby stuff. 

For BABY:
1) Wet wipes.
2) Diapers (I use Charlie Banana Cloth diapers during the day and Drypers at night)
* You can find Charlie Banana in Malaysia
3) Baby Powder
4) Baby Wash (Sebamed Baby/Buds cause it's gentler on the skin compared to Johnsons)
5) Swaddle (I have 6 in rotation from Angel Dear and Aden + Anais)
6) 2 baby blankets
7) 10-15 short sleeve onesies
8) Muslin cloths and hankies
9) 7 long sleeve onesies but i rarely use them cause its difficult to change his diapers at night.
10) Towels. (I have 4 in rotation)
11) Thermometer. (Microlife Digital Thermometer is one of the best! Plus i got it for RM128 during sales)
12) Clevamama Baby Pillow (Baby loves this!)
13) Bath tub
14) Cotton balls

For YOURSELF:
1) Lots of breastpads / reusable breast pads
2) Pads and pantyliners
3) Got my confinement stuff from Eu Yan Sang

BREASTFEEDING:
1) Breast milk storage. (Bags/ bottles)
2) If bottles, best to get a sterilizer. (I got a great deal at Mothercare)
3) Dettol hand sanitizer.
4) Nipple cream (Mustela / Earth Mama Angel Baby)

I did most of my shopping at Applecrumby & Fish and Mothercare.

If you need a list of what to buy, you can find it HERE

No comments: