Wednesday, March 02, 2016

3 MUST-HAVE BABY CLOTHES

As a full time working mom to a 5mo, I no longer have the luxury of going out shopping, why? Because I feel that it's really troublesome to be lugging around my bags, stroller, car seat, toys and a crying/cranky baby (sometimes!) out to shop. 

My son is now 5 months old but he grows so fast, it's sometimes difficult to keep up with clothing him. He's now using size L diapers and wears 9-12 months size of baby clothes. He's also heavier than some 9 months old baby. He's 8.5kg at 5 months. 

Imagine my delight when I discovered ZALORA Kids! I used to shop with Zalora and I enjoy their range of brands, fast delivery and returns and easy interface of their site. As a new parent, I'm beginning to understand more about clothing your baby. Mine has been wriggling and fighting and would rather be butt naked than wear clothes. 

So, the clothes you'll want to get must be easy to wear, soft, easy to care for, and easy to access. You'll be changing at least 10 diapers (or more!) in a day, you'll appreciate onesies with snap ons at the bottom, or ones that runs all the way down the onesie.

Babies have really soft and sensitive skin, so, you have to make sure that the cloth is super soft cotton, so it keeps baby cool and comfy. If there's designs or anything on the onesie, make sure there's a cloth backing on the inside, so it doesn't irritate baby's skin. 

Diapers tend to explode/ poo tends to seep out to their clothes and that's the importance of easy to care clothes. Babies tend to throw up on themselves, dribble saliva all over their clothes, and poop and pee on their clothes, so, get something that is easily machine washable. Trust me, you won't have time to care for a baby AND waste your time hand washing your laundry!

Next, I'm going to talk about the 3 MUST-HAVE BABY CLOTHES that you'll need. 


1) ONESIES FOR DAY AND ROMPER FOR NIGHT

Sometimes, I wish I had a daughter, so I can buy her pretty dresses onesies, but since I have a son, cutesy onesies and rompers will have to do. 
ALL PICTURES ARE FROM ZALORA.


This is my son in his onesie and romper.

2) OUTER WEAR
Every little baby needs an outer wear. My baby wears a white cardigan whenever we take him to the hospital for his immunisations. 
For baby girls, it just looks really cute with their tops or dresses. 


ALL PICTURES FROM ZALORA

3) NICE TOP AND BOTTOMS
Whenever I take my son out, we always dress him in 2 pieces. He has his little jeans and a shirt/ a tee and shorts. 

Isn't he cute? This was his Christmas clothes.
2 piece sets are always smart and super cute! 


Images courtesy of Zalora.

:)

No comments: